CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Farm Unit/Open House

Well, it has been a while since I last posted. So this unit we did at the beginning of March, but better late then never. We use our farm unit to display for open house. Below are some pictures of the activities that we do.



This is the example that I used to show my kids of what they could do on their barn. We use these as a portfolio to hold of the kids work. 


This is my kids painting the spots for their wind socks. Each windsock is then hung above their chair. 

Here are the wind socks completed. They love these and got so excited when I hung them up.

 For this activity they used squares, circles, triangles, and rectangles to create an animal. Sorry it is a little hard to see.

Throughout the two weeks leading up to open house we research farm animals. After we read a few books on the animal we recall the information and put it on a poster. They then have to choose two facts to put in their research journal. This year I laminated the posters to reuse them each year. I then hang them up around the room for decoration. You can also see in the picture our directed art horse. We create a barnyard in our hallway and each class makes a different animal. I will post a picture of the hallway later this week.

We do so many different activities for open house. This is just a few that I had pictures of. I hope these will come in handy some day for you!

~Miss. Foehser

2 comments:

Mrs.Burns' Kindergarten

Love the cow wind socks! My kiddos would love these.

Kristin Young

Thanks for sharing! I also love the cow windsocks. And I'm a new follower. I look forward to sharing kinder ideas with you!! :)

Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Post a Comment